19. Genung MA, JW Fox, NM Williams, C Kremen, JS Ascher, J Gibbs, R Winfree.The relative importance of pollinator abundance and species richness for the temporal variance of pollination services. Ecology, accepted.
18. Mueller LO, LC Breza, MA Genung, CP Giardina, NE Stone, LC Sidak-Loftis, JD Busch, DM Wagner, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer. Ecosystem consequences of plant genetic divergence with colonization of new habitat. Ecosphere, accepted.
17. MacLeod M* & MA Genung*, J Ascher, R Winfree (2016). Measuring partner choice in plant–pollinator networks: Using null models to separate rewiring and fidelity from chance. Ecology, 97:2925-2931. * – equal contribution pdf
16. Souza L, K Stuble, MA Genung, AT Classen (2016). Plant genotype identity and intra-specific diversity trump soil nutrient availability to shape old-field structure and function. Functional Ecology. doi: 10.1111/1365-2435.12792
15. Genung MA, JK Senior, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, SK Chapman, A Langley, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey (2014) When ranges collide: Evolutionary history, phylogenetic community interactions, global change factors and range size differentially affect plant productivity. Invited to “Eco-evolutionary Dynamics” (eds. J Moya-Laraño, J Rowntree, G Woodward) Vol. 50, AECR, UK: Academic Press. pdf
14. Genung MA, JA Schweitzer, N Omomo, JK Bailey (2014) The effects of phylogenetic diversity and species richness on ecosystem function are dependent upon evolutionary history. PeerJ, 2:e288. pdf
13. Gorman CE, QD Read, ME Van Nuland, JAM Bryant, JN Welch, JT Altobelli, MJ Douglas, MA Genung, EN Haag, DN Jones, HE Long, AD Wilburn, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey (2014) Below-ground communities: Phylogenetic similarity aboveground leads to community similarity belowground through conservatism of functional traits. AoB Plants, 5:plt049. pdf
12. Burkle LA, L Souza, MA Genung, GM Crutsinger (2013) Plant genotype, nutrients, and G x E interactions structure floral visitor communities. Ecosphere, 4:art119. pdf
11. Bailey JK, MA Genung, I Ware, CE Gorman, M Van Nuland, H Long, JA Schweitzer (2013) Indirect genetic effects: An evolutionary mechanism linking feedbacks, genotypic diversity, and coadaptation in a climate change context. Functional Ecology, 28:87-95. pdf
10. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2013) Belowground interactions shift the relative importance of direct and indirect genetic effects. Ecology and Evolution, 3:1692-1701. pdf
9. Bailey JK, RK Bangert, MA Genung, JA Schweitzer, and GM Wimp (2013) Community Ecology. In “Berkshire Encyclopedia of Sustainability: Ecosystem Management and Sustainability”. Berkshire Publishing Group, Great Barrington, MA, USA.
8. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2013) The afterlife of interspecific indirect genetic effects: Genotype interactions alter litter quality with consequences for decomposition and nutrient dynamics, PLOS ONE, 8:e53718. pdf
7. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2012) Welcome to the neighborhood: Interspecific genotype interactions influence above- and belowground biomass and associated communities, Ecology Letters, 15:65-73. pdf
6. Bailey JK, MA Genung, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, BM Potts, J Rowntree, JA Schweitzer, TG Whitham (2012) New frontiers in community and ecosystem genetics for theory, conservation, and management. New Phytologist, 193:24-26. pdf
5. Lessard J-P, WN Reynolds, WA Bunn, MA Genung, and 11 others (2012) Conservation of effect strength through understory, litter, and soil communities following deer herbivory. Basic and Applied Ecology, 13:59-66. pdf
4. Genung MA, GM Crutsinger, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer, NJ Sanders (2012) Spatial patterns of aphid abundance depend on plant genotype and genotypic diversity, Oecologia, 168:167-174. pdf
3. Genung MA, JA Schweitzer, F Ubeda, BM Fitzpatrick, CC Pregitzer, E Felker-Quinn, JK Bailey (2011) Genetic variation and community change – selection, evolution, and feedbacks, Functional Ecology, 25:408-419. Invited to “Plant-Herbivore Interactions” Special Feature guest edited by MTJ Johnson. pdf
2. Bailey JK, JA Schweitzer, F Ubeda, M Zinkgraf, BM Fitzpatrick, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, BJ Rehill, CJ LeRoy, BM Potts, TG Whitham, MA Genung, DG Fischer, CC Pregitzer, A Keith (2011) From genes to ecosystems: emerging concepts bridging ecological and evolutionary dynamics, invited to “The ecology of plant secondary metabolites: from genes to landscapes” (eds. GR Iason, M Dicke, and SE Hartley), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
1. Genung MA, JP Lessard, CB Brown, WA Bunn, MA Cregger, WN Reynolds, E Felker-Quinn, ML Stevenson, AS Hartley, GM Crutsinger, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey (2010) Non-additive effects of genotypic diversity affect pollinator visitation, PLOS ONE. pdf
Genung MA, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey. Beyond the Blueprint. The Scientist, September 2014 Issue. link